Make the most out of summer with these fresh strawberry and cream cheese danishes! By using store-bought puff pastry, they come together in a snap.
Nutrition Facts :
- 2 sheet Puff Pastry dough, thawed
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Egg + 2 Tablespoons water, whisked for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the strawberries and corn starch. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out thawed puff pastry into a 12×9″ rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise, yielding 2 4-½” strips. Cut those two strips crosswise into thirds, to yield six 4×4 ½” pieces.With a knife, score ½” border around the edge of each piece of puff pastry. Use a fork to make five or six pricks into the dough within the border of each piece. This will help keep the middle of each piece from rising.
- In a bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and almond. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture into the middle of each piece of dough and spread around evenly, ensuring the mix stays within the borders.
- In the middle of the cream cheese, add a couple of spoonfuls of strawberries into the middle.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, on the middle rack and rotate the baking sheet half way through baking. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Shave chocolate over the top as well, if desired.
Start this recipe the day before you want to serve.These cream cheese strawberry Danish, with perfect, flaky Danish pastry, strawberries, jam and cream cheese are easier than you may think. The perfect Danish recipe from brunch to afternoon tea.
Servings: 66 g
Nutrition Facts : servingSize 66 g, calories 217 kcal
- 1 batch homemade Danish pastry
- 125 g full-fat cream cheese, softened ((4oz))
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar ((notes 1))
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Zest of half a small lemon
- ¼ cup good quality strawberry jam
- 12 small fresh strawberries
- 1 egg yolk mixed with a dash of water
- 1 teaspoon demerara (turbinado) sugar
- DAY BEFORE: Make the Danish pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 395F / 180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- SHAPE THE DANISHES: On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to just over 30x40cm (about 12×16 inches). Trim the edges from the rolled dough, then cut into 12 even squares about 10cm / 4in square (4 from the long side, 3 from the wide side). For smaller pastries, cut them into 20 pieces rough 8cm square (so cut the dough 5 squares long x 4 squares wide)
- Place the squares of dough onto the baking sheet / trays (6 on each), dot just a touch of water in the centre, then fold each of the corners into the centre. Press the centres down a little to make a dent. Let them rest for 10-15 minutes
- THE FILLING: Wash, dry and cut the strawberries into small pieces and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, milk and lemon zest to a medium bowl and beat together until smooth. You can use an electric mixer or just a spatula.
- FILL THE PASTRIES: The following quantities are written for 12 or 20 pastries respectively.
- Place ½ -1 teaspoon of jam into the dent of each pastries, pressing it in slightly.
- Top the jam with 1 – 2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture, then use a spoon to gently fan out the edges, so that it covers the jam (this just helps to keep the jam in place when they bake).
- Scatter the tops with the fresh strawberry pieces.
- Brush the exposed pastry areas with the egg wash and sprinkle the demerara sugar around the edges.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (depending on size) or until golden brown, turning the trays after 10 minutes.
- Please take a moment to rate this recipe. I really appreciate it and it helps me create more recipes.
This Strawberry Cheese Danish recipe is made with flaky puff pastry dough filled with a creamy cheese mixture all topped with sweet strawberries then baked!
Servings: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts : calories 520 kcal, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 36 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Trans Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Sodium 334 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 13 g, unSaturated Fat 21 g, servingSize 1 serving
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries (chopped or sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 17.25 ounce package puff pastry (thawed but cold)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Powdered sugar or icing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the sliced strawberries, cornstarch, and granulated sugar to a medium bowl and toss to combine, let sit until ready to use.
- Unfold the two puff pastry sheets and use a rolling pin to gently roll them out to smooth out the creases, but don’t press hard, it’s okay if some remain.
- Use a pizza or pastry cutter to cut each of the sheets into 4 equally-sized squares.
- Fold over the corners of each of the squares about an inch to create an octagon. Feel free to wet your fingers to help the dough stick together. Transfer the pastries to baking sheets, placing 4 on each.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the egg yolk, vanilla, and salt and beat until fully combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the puff pastries.
- Beat together the egg and water to create the egg wash and brush all over the pastry around the cream cheese mixture.
- Use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to slightly flatten the dollops of cheese and spread it out.
- Distribute the strawberry mixture evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 18 to 20 minutes each, placing the other in the fridge while the first one bakes.
- Let cool slightly and dust with powdered sugar before enjoying.
Thanks to frozen puff pastry making bakery quality strawberry danish pastries at home couldn't be easier. Discover the best recipe for strawberry cream cheese danish.
Nutrition Facts :
- 1 package puff pastry (thawed per package directions)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar, + 1/2 tbsp divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- In a separate bowl combine sliced strawberries, cornstarch and remaining 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out slightly and then, with a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 equal pieces (you will have a total of 8 slices). Use a knife to score (but not completely cut through) a border into each piece.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture within the border, then top the cream cheese with strawberries. Combine the egg and water to create an egg wash then brush over the border of the puff pastry.
- Transfer the pastries to a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the danishes are puffed up and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
- 1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons Strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Separate dough into four rectangles. Seal perforations. In a small bowl whisk together cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each rectangle. Roll up from long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.
- Place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Top each coil with 2 teaspoons strawberry jam.
- Bake at 350° F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Glaze: in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir until smooth and drizzle over each danish. Serve and enjoy!