Make and share this Popeyes: Cajun Battered Fries recipe from Food.com.
Yield: 1 serving(s)
Nutrition Facts : calories 187.9, Fat 0.9, Saturated Fat 0.2, Cholesterol 0.2, Sodium 4110.7, Carbohydrate 39.3, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 2, Protein 6.7
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (7 -8 ounce) russet potatoes
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly mist a large nonstick baking sheet with oil spray. Set aside.
- Place the potato on a cutting board. Make straight cuts on the 4 long sides of the potato to remove some of the peel. Discard the trimmed pieces. Some skin will remain on the sides and the ends. With a knife, cut the potato lengthwise into 1/3"thick sticks. These can vary in length. On a scale, weigh 5 1/4 ounces of potatoes or measure 1 1/2 cups. Transfer the potato strips to the boiling water. Cook for exactly 3 minutes but no longer or they will break.Drain in a colander. Set aside for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the egg substitute, flour, paprika, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, and the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. With a fork, beat to mix. Add the potato strips. With hands, toss to coat well. Allow any excess egg-substitute mixture to drip off. Transfer to the reserved baking sheet. Arrange, not touching, in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning about every 5 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
Collection of healthy and good recipes
Nutrition Facts : calories 3,933.00kcal, Carbohydrate 37.00g, Fat 437.00g, Fiber 3.00g, Protein 4.00g, Saturated Fat 355.00g, servingSize 2.00 , Sodium 749.00mg, Sugar 9.00g, unSaturated Fat 50.00g
- 12 oz preferably russets, cleaned, peeled, and sliced into ¼-inch pieces potatoes
- ½ cup of your choice beer
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 8 cups vegetable oil
- ¼ cup or dipping sauce of your choice sweet chili sauce
- Wrap a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat your frying oil in a deep skillet to 300 degrees F.
- Blanch your potatoes in the oil for roughly 3 to 5 minutes until the insides are fully cooked but potatoes remain tender.
- Drain your fries on a basket lined with paper towels, then transfer to your lined baking sheet. Freeze your fries for roughly 2 hours. This will allow the batter to hold on to the fries and will make the fries crispy.
- Prepare your batter. Combine beer, flour, paprika, salt, black and cayenne peppers, onion, and garlic powder. Whisk until it resembles pancake batter. You may need to add more beer as needed.
- Reheat your frying oil, increasing the temperature to 360 degrees F.
- Dip roughly 3 ounces of fries into the batter. Allow excess batter to drip briefly, then deep fry for roughly 5 to 7 minutes until fries turn crispy and golden brown. Repeat until you’ve fried all your potatoes.
- Drain your fries on a basket lined with paper towels, then serve immediately with any dip.
Make our Popeyes Cajun Fries Recipe at home. They may look like French fries, but the special seasoning makes them 100% Cajun.
Nutrition Facts :
- 3 large Russet Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Canola or Vegetable Oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Dash Turmeric
- Dash Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Wash potatoes. Slice into strips.
- Place in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all Popeyes Cajun Spice Blend ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- Drain potatoes and dry them off thoroughly.
- Brush a baking pan with 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Sprinkle pan with 1/3 of the Popeyes Cajun Spice Blend.
- Place dried potatoes in a dry bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle lightly with Popeyes Cajun Spice Blend, tossing around a bit to make sure all sides are coated.
- Place spiced potatoes on the pan in a single layer.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove foil. Continue baking for another 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom. (How fast they cook will depend largely on how thick or thin you cut your strips. Watch closely so they do not burn.)
- Flip potatoes. Continue baking until crisp and golden, about 10 – 15 minutes. Again, watch closely so they do not burn.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the rest of the Cajun seasoning. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with a good dipping sauce. Or two.
Nutrition Facts :
- Four to five Russel or sweet potatoes
- One teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- Five tablespoons of olive oil or canola oil.
- One tablespoon of salt
- Four tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of red chili
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon cayenne powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ¼ cup water
- Slice your potatoes into thick strips and soak them in water to prevent discoloring for twenty minutes.
- Boil water with salt and add the potatoes strip to half cook them but watch out not to overcook.
- Drain the water and using a kitchen towel to dry them to remove excess moisture.
- Put the fries in a zip lock bag for some time as you prepare the seasoning ingredients.
- In a bowl,mix onion powder,black pepper,olive oil,all-purpose flour,chili,garlic ,paprika and cayenne powder.
- Put the ready potato strips into the mixture and mix for seasoning. To ease the mixing, you can add a few drops of water.
- Grease your pan with five tablespoons of oil, then place the potatoes on it and cover with foil for five minutes as it bakes.
- Remove the foil and let bake for twenty minutes until the potatoes turn golden brown. For crispier results, you can flip the potatoes and cook for an extra five minutes, optional.
- Draw out the pan from the oven and serve with garlic sauce or ketchup.
Nutrition Facts :